When is the right time to quit? When is too soon, or too late? I stumbled upon this interesting article on Career Joy and thought you may find it helpful! Knowing when to leave a role is one of the most important decisions that you will need to make in managing a successful career.
The Quitting Test.
- 1. You are being asked to do something illegal or unethical.
- 2. You get lousy or no raises (or your pay cheque bounces)
- 3. You feel tired by 10 a.m.
- 4. You call in sick when you aren’t sick.
- 5. You hate your boss (or your boss hates you)
- 6. You aren’t promoted because your company “needs you where you are”
- 7. Your job turned out to be not what was promised
- 8. You know you are doing a great job but don’t care.
- 9. You gain, or lose, a substantial amount of weight.
- 10. You have no friends outside of work.
How many of the above did you answer “yes” to?
< 4 You may need more time to discover if things can be changed for the better.
4 to 7 Get together your game plan to move forward.
>7 Start packing your career bags…you have permission to leave (Source: http://www.careerjoy.com)