When raising a request for change or an RFC, consider following important questions to have a complete or near complete assessment of change proposal.
- Who RAISED the change?
- What is the REASON for the change?
- What is the RETURN required from the change?
- What are the RISKS involved in the change?
- What resources are REQUIRED to deliver the change?
- Who is RESPONSIBLE for build, test & implementation of the change?
- What is the RELATIONSHIP between this change and other changes?
Even though this is more of a service operations activity it can still be very useful in your project change management process simply because it allows you to analyze the potential change in its totality.